- We made a beach with sea creatures.
- We have been listening to French nursery rhymes.
- We made sandcastles part of our outdoor learning this week. We used different tools available to use on the sand and did some mark making.
- This week, part of ‘Under the Sea’ theme we made fish collages using tissue paper and shiny sequins.
- We played with small world using sea creatures.
- We made our own playdough and then created animals using cutting, rolling and stretching skills.
- We have had a busy week at Pre School making a display on ‘under the sea’- please take a look when you can!
- This is what some pre-schoolers said they have been learning this week…
“We have been learning about sharks who live under the sea” by Baptiste.
“We went on a ‘real life’ bear hunt in the garden” by Xavier. (this was part of our enhanced outdoor learning
WEEKLY INFORMATION AND NEXT WEEKS NEWS
I hope you all had a fun and relaxing summer break for those who were off.
We hope to continue to provide the children opportunities without limits this year again!
Thank you to the children who have started to put their name towards the nursery council, this will be a good opportunity to gain self-confidence and to get involved in day to day activities etc. Please do encourage your child if you feel they would benefit from this, this is very ideal for our older children to help get ready for school next year!
I would like to take this opportunity to introduce Sophie, Toddler Room leader who started with us this week.
She will be carrying out her induction and spend time in the rooms to get familiar with Kiddies.
Sophie has 6 years’ experience of working in nurseries and has been a nanny for 2 years.
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY
Monday 9th September – Sing along with Kelly
Thursday 11th September – NatWest teaching on budgeting.
Theme of the week
As part of settling new children and their families we will be talking about ‘All about me’ this month. This will be collaborated with our language lessons on ‘My Family’.
Focus of the week
Sound of the week; Ss
Colour of the week; Pink
Shape of the week; Triangle
Number of the week; Nine 9
Employee of the month
Well done to Chloe, our kitchen manager for working very hard along with the team ensuring kitchen duties are met accordingly every day. She helps manage meal times smoothly making sure all dietary requirements are met and helped achieve the 5 star rating for food hygiene ☺ Well Done!
Have a lovely weekend from Yasmin and the team ☺